HarleyTalking

Thread: repurposing...

Bike
    2010 Ultra Classic, 2003 Sportster Sport

repurposing...

I am always on the look out for things to keep me out of trouble and I found something that kept me busy for a couple of days. I found a pair of AudioEngine speakers at a local thrift shop and thought they looked worthy of investigation. Things turned out real nice, I am really impressed with the quality of these hidden gems. Between the rescue, videoing, and editing it keeps me busy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEm1CIJLqz0

Bike
    09 ultra black
    I watch the video and commented the other day, I well being electronically challenged used to tinker with electronics it was tubes what was wrong with the speakers
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    Tom,

They had circuit card with a bunch of popped electrolytic capacitors. I just rewired the amped speaker to use the cross over and turned the amplified speaker into a passive speaker. It was a fun little project that kept me busy for a few hours.

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Well done
    Were these computers specific speakers or general house type speakers I’ve got Bose 901 is from the 70s I always wanted a pair way back when they were so expensive I was lucky to buy a pair now I think they still make them but I bought a used pair for 300 bucks I’m sure there’s really killer speakers out there now probably size of a cigarette pack but I always wanted a pair of the Bose 901’s.

Bike
    These speakers would be hard pressed to do what big speakers do. Don't get me wrong, they are goo for an office, bedroom, or even taking the place of a sound bar on a TV. But, if you are throwing a house party these will not make the grade. The 901's are very nice speakers if you have the wall space for them as they are a direct reflecting speaker.

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Well I hung them from the ceiling catty corner in my living room,, the 901 I remember being in the department store and the salesman this was a store called Go Blatz it’s no longer in business it was like the Sears in our little town he said pull the magnet off of the speaker it’s not glued on and the only way you could pull it off was by sliding it I remember that.