HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June TN/NC

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

June TN/NC

This years TN trip had to be changed a few times. Payton's doctors appointments,wife retiring then the virus. We had wanted to stay in Gatlinburg TN but that failed . Everything was full by the time we tried to set it up for June.
    Cashiers NC is not far from there and that is were we booked a place. plan was simple trailer the Sidecar there . At first we were taking Mother in law also but she decided to stay home. This years trip is all about Payton experiencing the Smoky Mountains area. A major dose of history . By taking the Edge and trailer if Payton and I ride off for a bit wife can still run around if she wants.
    Then the Virus shut NC down on again of again. At the last minute NC Governor extended his lock down from May 15 to June first. It was not looking good. The resort emailed me and all is good they let them open up. So we are good to go.
    Time to get serious about getting ready. Few things we must do with her on this ride.
    She will ride the Dragon and learn about Deals gap. Get her Dragon sticker for the sidecar. She will spend part of a day exploring New found gap and learn why find that area was so important . She the homesteads that are still there along Roaring forks road and how people lived. A dinner show at Dollywood to see the Stampede. This will not be her last trip to the area so we don't have to do it all. I know she will fall in love with it.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    Few minor thing left to do on the trailer. Put Payton and Kale on it today. Payton was not sure Kale was up to the task.

https://flic.kr/p/2j4XjGR

https://flic.kr/p/2j4VMTn

https://flic.kr/p/2j4T6xi
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    23 days we ride out If NC governor does not stop playing games with who and who can not open up We may have to cancel the reservations I have 10 days before check and I get my money back. So 13 more days I need to know what he is going to do.
    The places was to open the 23rd. He stopped them and made it June 1st now he hinting 2nd week in July.
    So my question. Any one suggest and goo place to stay 7 days with 2 Adults and 2 ,11 year olds. Auto with trailer and a Motorcycle. I want to start looking at other options.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    09 ultra black
    All the best
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    Won't give any specifics but have had good luck in Townsend, TN, Cherokee,NC and Maggie Valley, NC .. All 3 are Rider Friendly and have lots of choices .. I have based in all 3 and enjoyed .. Hope you don't need this and are all set where you are but just in case ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    Won't give any specifics but have had good luck in Townsend, TN, Cherokee,NC and Maggie Valley, NC .. All 3 are Rider Friendly and have lots of choices .. I have based in all 3 and enjoyed .. Hope you don't need this and are all set where you are but just in case ..
    I am looking over the entire area you mentioned. Prefect location . Still hoping that Chashiers NC works out. NC governor is just playing political games right now.
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    The days are passing fast. Wife retires Friday. As of now the resort in NC is open and everything is a go as planned. Our back up if NC governors changes his mind again is to go anyway and find a place to stay in TN. The trailer for the sidecar is ready.
    Dry run loading and packing went well and weighting it showed us under the load limit. Changed oil ,primary and trans today. replaced a crack heat shield . Replace faulty trail light on the sidecar. Looks like everything is ready.
    Payton's last Doctors appointment is tomorrow for Botox injections . At the last minute the doctor required a COV19 test before the appointment. We got it done yesterday at the hospital drive up.

20200608_095552.jpg

20200608_095016.jpg
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Enjoy, looking forward to photos...
    Click here to enlarge
    It is difficult for depression to catch you if you have a fast motorcycle...

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Enjoy u all ..
    tell your wife I am envious I was hoping to retire this year myself but because of well all the craziness ,,I put it back tell her I said I said hi and to enjoy ..
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    Started loading up. trip is on and we are going. Pictures will be posted here.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNRP6wc
    Dianne Feinstein:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast