HarleyTalking

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

Speed recalibration EVO

Some times with EVO transmission repairs the gear set maybe same ratio but senors will not read correctly. Also tire size changes . There is a fix for that. First thing to check is always the sensor . Pull it clean it off try again often fixes issues. if that does not do it this maybe your answer. Dakota Digital Speed recalibration unit. Depending on the year bike they plug right in line or may need to be spliced in.
    In this case a 1996 softail and fits many other years it plug in to sensor wire .

20201003_182603[1].jpg

Most often plug is under tank it will allow you to bring the speedometer display back to the speed it should display.
    This model works on many years on 2004 and newer it is wired in to ecm .
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2019 FLTRU
    Inflation......used to take pic with a penny next to it for reference, I see you’re using a $20 bill Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dawg Click here to enlarge
    Inflation......used to take pic with a penny next to it for reference, I see you’re using a $20 bill Click here to enlarge
    yep. Installing it latter today
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    Installed. I mounted it between the tank half's. Simple plug in wire tie it down.. Set up . I used the GPS drive gps shoing 65 bike showing about 50 push up button hold until speed on speedometer matches GPS release button give it 10 seconds done.
    It works.
    This model works on many years and post EVO's also. newer than 2004 you have to splice it in because the speed-senor is routed to ECM first.

20201004_124316.jpg
    Dianne Feinstein:

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    Some times with EVO transmission repairs the gear set maybe same ratio but senors will not read correctly. Also tire size changes . There is a fix for that. First thing to check is always the sensor . Pull it clean it off try again often fixes issues. if that does not do it this maybe your answer. Dakota Digital Speed recalibration unit. Depending on the year bike they plug right in line or may need to be spliced in.
    In this case a 1996 softail and fits many other years it plug in to sensor wire .

20201003_182603[1].jpg

Most often plug is under tank it will allow you to bring the speedometer display back to the speed it should display.
    This model works on many years on 2004 and newer it is wired in to ecm .
    Good to know checked my Speedo on the Dyna with a GPS mounted and was pretty good accuracy up to 80 MPH then started showing higher than truly was .. But as little as I go over 80 MPH was not too concerned as know quite well I was speeding unless go across West Texas with it .. Click here to enlarge
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country