HarleyTalking

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

Harley Vehicle Hold control

The VHC is part of the RDRS system I played with it today and it works.

The Vehicle Hold Control (VHC)

VHC applies and holds brake pressure when activated and prevents the motorcycle from rolling after the rider has released the brake controls. The primary function of VHC is to prevent the motorcycle from rolling when it is stopped – for example at a stop sign on a hill, in stop-and-go traffic on a slope, or on a steep decline out of a parking structure. VHC is designed to make it easier to ride away with confidence by minimizing the number of controls needed to pull away smoothly. The system applies brake pressure until the rider actuates the throttle and clutch to pull away. VHC may also be engaged when the motorcycle is stopped on a flat surface if the rider wants to maintain position without applying pressure to a brake control.

The rider activates VHC by momentarily applying extra pressure to either the front-brake hand lever or the rear-brake foot control after the motorcycle has come to a complete stop. If rider brakes very hard to a stop, and holds the brake pressure after stopping, VHC may also set without any added squeeze. A VHC indicator light will illuminate to confirm that the rider has activated VHC, and the ABS system will hold brake pressure after the rider releases the brake control. VHC is disengaged automatically as the rider begins to pull away from a stop, or if the rider applies and releases either brake control.

VHC is not to be used as a parking brake, and will disengage if the rider lowers the side stand (on models with a side-stand sensor, not a feature in all markets) or shifts into neutral on models without a side-stand sensor, or if the engine is turned off. In most situations after five minutes the indicator light will flash and the VHC will release if there is no rider action.

The VHC feature is standard on 2020 CVO and Police models and optional on all 2020 Touring models in the U.S. (except Electra Glide Standard models). VHC is not intended as a substitute for a parking brake in any situation.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    Sounds like a good thing in some ways as long as turns out to be reliable .. Not sure I would want it unless can manually disable it .. Have seen a few things that supposed to be good letting the ECM run the show unless it fails like the Automatic Stop/Start feature on some vehicles .. Another is ABS interfering with safe braking unless disable it until can get it fixed ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Yeah the first time I heard that stop start on cars , I don’t know how long ago that was. At a stoplight and I looked over at the car I don’t remember the make I think they are all manufactures do some variation of it now it was the craziest thing I mean how much gas do you save by stopping and starting at a stoplight. Another Gimmick Everything I’ve always known is the worst time is start up on an engine granted the oils warm or hot and it’s all over inside the motor ,,, but I still look over at the Auto shake my head ..
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country

Cool

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom Click here to enlarge
    Yeah the first time I heard that stop start on cars , I don’t know how long ago that was. At a stoplight and I looked over at the car I don’t remember the make I think they are all manufactures do some variation of it now it was the craziest thing I mean how much gas do you save by stopping and starting at a stoplight. Another Gimmick Everything I’ve always known is the worst time is start up on an engine granted the oils warm or hot and it’s all over inside the motor ,,, but I still look over at the Auto shake my head ..
    While Automakers have some decent ideas on improvement, many of them are very costly if they fail .. One thing is for sure.. I will never purchase a Vehicle with a CVT Transmission Stop/Start Feature that can't disable .. A few even have their Water Pump linked to the Timing Chain that costs 1,000 in labor to access it if the Water Pump fails .. Chances are won't be buying any kind of New Vehicle at my age anyway ..

One reason got the 2011 Crown Vic Police Interceptor .. Easy to work on, and many are known to go 300,000 Miles without much problems ..

CrownVic1.jpg
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Wife's car is a hybrid. It shuts down at stops once warmed up. 150,000 miles never a single issue with the car. Sons new Ford has the start stop also. At first it bugged him now he use to it and uses it.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Yeah I’ve heard some of the water pumps are in the inside of the motor now who the heck figured that one out,, talk about plan absolute planed essence and some transmissions you can’t even check the fluid you can’t add fluid they say lifetime fluid ,,,,I got a 2000 Chevy truck and it’ll last me only has 120,000 on it I keep the battery tender on it and started it up yesterday ran it for about a half an hour. I haven’t run it since well the last snow we had what was there February of this year..
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

I have to think the life of the starter mechanism is shortened with the auto stop/start systems. I personally don’t like them. I am sure the technology is good and bad for certain things but chances are nothing is meant to serve the consumer but to increase profits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. ~James D. Miles

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. ~Alan Simpson