HarleyTalking

Thread: High Mileage

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country

Red face High Mileage

This is a 2015 Indian Chieftain owned by a guy calling himself Lake City Larry .. Is from Lake City, MN, we have shared posts quite often since I was a Scout Owner way back in late 2014 .. He bought the 5 Year extended warranty for it which is good until late 2021 .. He has had some issues they were taken care of under warranty but nothing major in the power train .. He did replace the clutch on his own dollar at a bit over 200,000 Miles ( Wear Item ) Right Now needs to replace his O2 sensors which is the first item the extended warranty has refused .. Anyway this guy has gone farther than I have since retired 16 years ago .. I know I am over 300,000 maybe as much as 320,000 since retired never kept an exact log as was just enjoying my rides .. Forum has been kind of slow lately and even though don't own an Indian anymore and doubt I ever will again so thought would just add this because this is th ehighest mileage I have ever seen on a Motorcycle without major work other than a Goldwing that had 410,000 they had on display at Daytona during Bike Week ..

LakeCityLarry.jpg
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    09 ultra black
    That is great to see .. So many miles on such a tough bike. Thatís one thing on a Harley shovel twin cam or my evos I never had a clutch problem knock on wood. Never wore one out but I didnít put a lot of miles on them I wasent easy item but I didnít put a lot of miles on the bike like this guy.Click here to enlarge ..I donít put a lot of miles on my bike but itís used every day unless itís just plain too slippery out. This summer I would like to ride out to Phoenix and see my son.
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    Hope that Phoenix Trip works out for you Tom .. Is some fine riding in AZ .. Not sure I will make it out that far anymore.. if I did, definitely would not be doing any ironbutts trying to get there quick like I used to ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    09 ultra black
    No quickstep for me with my arthritis I’ll try slow and steady God willing
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2014 Road King
    That's an impressive amount of miles on that Indian,,,even more impressive when it was done by someone from cold Minnesota
    Haywire/Mark

Click here to enlarge
    CMC

If your not living on the edge, your just taking up space !!!