Uh, yea, about that.....

Gonna miss you all!

Information

Preview

Gonna miss you all!
    Information
    GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

Guys, the time has come.....
    When we started this forum so many years ago, we did it with ideals and intentions that went from a dream to a reality, all as a result of the hard work of RumRunner and Clint and the Mods, and most of all....YOU, our members!
    Without all of YOU, and your support, this dream would never have become the success it was for so many years.
    But, as we all know, all good things come to an end.
    The end has come for HarleyTalking in its present form.
    You will still be able to find our page on Facebook, and we do hope to see you there.
    As we would all agree, the day of separate forums for places like this are over. Everyone has migrated to Facebook or places like it.
    The proof of it is in the very, very, VERY little action we see here anymore. Where we used to enjoy folks from all over the world stopping in and visiting and messaging and sharing great ideas and generating great conversation, it is now a rare day when anyone posts at all, and even then, sadly, it is just a handful of you wonderful original members who have been with us from the beginning, and to whom we are MOST grateful. But with our deepest apologies, we just can't justify the expense of keeping the doors open anymore.
    Credit to the EXTREME goes to RumRunner, (Dan), who without missing a beat started paying the bills here when my credit card expired and in my absence here didn't even realize it!
    Dan went into his own pocket and kept the doors open and the lights on, without a word of complaint, all while still doing all the work necessary to keep the forum functioning as it should, even when technical problems made it more difficult than ever to do that, while still working to support his own family.
    I applaud him for that but cannot ask him to continue to do it, and guys, I just can't do it anymore either.
    I am making this announcement to explain why, in the near future, the lights will be off, and the doors will be locked, forever.
    I couldn't, and neither could Danny, just shut the site down without a word. You guys deserve better than that!!
    If you need to save some info or some pics or whatever it is you want to save, now is the time to do so.
    Anyway, again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the great ride!
    You are all, each and every single one of you, brothers, and I wish all of you peace and happiness and a wonderful life!
    RIDE SAFE,
    and never forget....
    LIFE FOR THE RIDE!!

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    As Rich mentioned, and I'm sure everyone has noticed, the forum gets very little use these days and has been this way for some time. The resources to maintain the forum, and future resources to keep up with modern technology are only going to go up.

When we decide to proceed with a shutdown will depend on a few things like when the next payments would be due for services that are required to keep the site available. But there will be some additional notice before any decisions are made.

Please take some time to make sure there is nothing stored on the site that you want to save, such as pictures, Private Messages, etc. Also be sure to contact anyone that you may not have personal contact information if you want to stay in touch off the forum.

I have personally spent a lot of time on this forum over the last 10+ years, both as a member and an Admin. And even though like many of you, I don't post a lot anymore, I still visit the forum on most days just to see what is going on and am happy to see when anyone is enjoying a ride or just enjoying the forum. I certainly will miss having this be a daily stop for me.
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Thank you all admins and posters peace .. may we find each other on the road
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Sad day it has been a long haul.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Yes, even though it doesnít get used much Iíve always enjoyed checking in. Unfortunately, I got off of all regular social media because of all the garbage that goes with it. If anybody wants to stay in touch with me, you can email me your contact information and I will gladly return mine. My email address is
    lykly@aol.com
    Be sure to identify who you are on the forum when you email me so I know who Iím dealing with. I wish nothing but the best for everybody here, I hope you and your family stay safe and healthy.
    Walleye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. ~James D. Miles

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. ~Alan Simpson

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    Just to be clear, like I mentioned, the site will not just go dark. There will be plenty of notice before any decisions are made as to the timing of shutting down. So everyone please feel free to keep checking in while we are still around.
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    Been a Great Time .. Met Several for Real.. Carried the flag a few times .. Will Miss this place but had a lot of fun while sharing stories and events as well as picking up and trying to pass on some experience on 2 wheel maintenance ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    2016 Tri Glide True V & H Duals, Stage one, and to much bling to list.
    Sad to see but understandable. I want to thank everyone on this forum for always making me feel welcome. Ride safe.
    If it feels good DO IT

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    You will never find me on face book. never for any reason.
    I am sending my email address and phone number to TOM. Anyone riding this way or wants to get in touch Tom will be free to share it.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    09 ultra black
    If you need to get a hold me for any reason my email is exiter17@gmail.com
    Phone number 574-276-4099 Click here to enlarge
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast