HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bike
    2008 105th Anny Ultra

New MY HD's release being pushed back beginning in 2012 (2013 models)

HD will move back the new MY releases to late August. The dealer meeting will not be until August 20-22, 2012 so the 2013 MY scoots will not be unveiled until then. Apparently they are going to continue this practice. The 2012's will still be released this July, this just pertains to the release of 2013's and thereafter.

"While we recognize that a late August new model introduction does not allow for new motorcycles to appear at late summer events (like Sturgis in the U.S.), we believe the timing change provides a greater benefit to positively affect sales for dealers and product availability for customers."
    Click here to enlarge I blame soos Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2012 Victory Cross Country
    Interesting at least ought to be able to see the 12's this year in Sturgis anyway ... Evan is coming for Sturgis in 2012 guess he will have to wait to see the 13's which probably won't miss a whole lot anyway .. Just curious what they might have in mind for 2013 .. Water Cooled Baggers?
    Click here to enlarge 2012 Victory Cross Country

Bike
    08 Streetglide
    Good info Dawg.I remember reading an article some time ago about 1st run vs. 2nd run HD'S.Seems Harley retools a bit mid way through the production of a model year.My 08 streetglide is a 2nd run model bought in June of 08.Because it was a 2nd run bike they had already corrected the fuel shell/pump issue.Anyone know if there is a set date where production changes over from 1st run to 2nd run bikes?
    Click here to enlarge
    08 streetglide, 96 springer softail

Bike
    2013 RGU RED and 96 FB Black
    Oh no here we go again with the Water Cooled Baggers stuff.
    The infantry leads the wayClick here to enlarge

Bike
    08 Streetglide
    Buy that 2011 Smitty and your golden lol.
    Click here to enlarge
    08 streetglide, 96 springer softail

Bike
    Ultra mostly, my 10 speed the rest of the time....still miss my StingRay bike.....green metalflake!
    Guys, there really can be some significance to build dates.

Remember my 2003 100TH Anniversary Ultra?

100THAnniv8.jpg

Turned out I sold it to a guy in Norway and I had to get proof it was built prior to Feb of '03 or his country wouldn't allow it in! Fortunately it was! I have no idea why they had that rule....I was just happy it met the stipulation so as not to kill the deal!
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Well CHIT!Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2008 fatboy originally a 1590, 2009 Iron, originally an 883
    So they now release the new bikes at the end of the American season? Fostering over winter sales? I may be thick but I can't see the logic in that. Wouldn't it have been better to have brought forward the release date till March in time for the full riding season?
    An intellectual dwarf

I live in my own world because its more than comfortable and all the voices are friendly

Bike
    2009 FXDB
    This means that in 2012 I'll to wait longer for knowing what colour will be available for the water cooled bagger that SURELY will be produced in 2013??? Click here to enlarge
    I already usually suffer waiting until the end of July... why, just why lingering longer in pain?
    Those at HD are cruel!
    Anyway, it seems that announcements in summer only adjust the "standard" range of bikes.
    It is in fall and winter that you have the announcements of NEW models Click here to enlarge (see the Softail and the Sporster this year, the XR1200 and the 48 last years....)
    Ugo

"A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!"

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    I'm not sure of the significance of this. It just means you can't purchase until later in the year. I remember when you couldn't get a new model year car until the end of Sept and now it's way earlier than that. Same with Bikes, I purchased a new 05 Heritage when it hit the dealership in August. Go figure.
    2010 Ultra Limited Merlot/Cherry Red

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast