HarleyTalking
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Bike
    66 FLH,79FXE,,07Ultra
    Please let us know how easy on --easy off it is. Thanks.
    RIP T

Bike
    2008 Street Glide Anniversary Edition 2015 EG Ultra Classic Low
    So yes, I got a chance to check it out this afternoon. Bike is setting in it as I post.

Yes, the bike does come out of the Condor chock easier than the HF chock I was using.

Now I was using the less expensive HF chock that captured the tire in a round tube "hoop".

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...ock-69026.html

In it's best setting, I struggle to pull the bike out of the chock.

I cannot speak to the higher priced HF chock, like Walleye uses, that one is of the same design as the Condor.

It did take me alittle experimentation with the Condor settings to get it right. The bike stuck in the chock on my first setting. Second setting was better, no stick but a bit of a pull to get it to overcenter the cradle. 3rd setting was the charm, bike pulls right out, very little effort.

I have a VERY smooth garage floor, I did go out and pick up a piece of rubber backed carpet runner to keep the chock from sliding on the floor, and it works perfect now.

Is it $150 better than the HF of the same design ? From a cost of materials standpoint I'd say definatly yes. This thing is very very well made.

I'd have to compare it to the HF to know if it actually WORKS $150 better.
    Last edited by papa'sSG; 02-13-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Bike
    66 FLH,79FXE,,07Ultra
    Thanks "Papps"
    RIP T

Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by woody66 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks "Papps"
    Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    I have the HF chock that's like the Condor. It takes a little effort to rock it and get it out. When I mount it on my trailer if it's on the slightest incline I need to get some help with a slight push from the front or move the trailer. All in all I like the HF OK.
    2010 Ultra Limited Merlot/Cherry Red

Bike
    It seems to me that the farther forward you set the cradle, the easier it is to pull the bike out of the chock.

2nd hole (on the Condor) the tire stuck. 3rd hole I could pull the bike free but it was about as much effort as my previous HF chock.

4th hole and the bike pulls out with little effort.

The compromise must be that at some point (moving the cradle forward) the bike will no longer be stable.

I'm thinking that when using this type chock with a trailer where you are really going to cinch down on tie downs, the tire is gonna take a little more effort to dislodge, no matter what style you have and no matter how it's adjusted.

Bike
    2010 Street Glide CVO
    [QUOTE=papa'sSG;133956]I used this lift for 7 years before I sold it.

Click here to enlarge

Soon, maybe next week, I am going to fabricate some removable side wings/trays of steel pipe, pipe hangers and aluminium diamond tread.

Say 40 inches of diamond tread riveted to two pieces pipe that can be slid into pipe hangers riveted to the bottom of the lift table, slide on/slide off. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Can we see pics of your fabricated wings for your lift. I need them and really not sure how to go about it. Metal would be preferable to Wood because AZ is hell on wood!

thanks!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567