HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bike
    08 Street Glide

Replacement for Heavy Breather Cone Air Cleaner

I'm in the need to replace my SE Heavy Breather Cone filter and was wondering if anybody has the k&n replacement model that will fit. I see the element is 85.00 bucks from harley and figure it's probably 40.00 from k&n with their logo vs Se. The reason I am replacing is because the paper is warped and going in all sorts of waves vs straight and just looks crappy. I am on the k&N sight trying to match dimensions but I haven't been able to find it yet. Figured I can't be the first on this but maybe...Anyway, appreciate any previous investigation.
    2008 Crimson Red Sunglo Street Glide

Bike
    2013 RGU RED and 96 FB Black
    I am curious now it got like that. Put a lot of miles on the HD heavy breather with KN filter and never had one wear out.
    The infantry leads the wayClick here to enlarge

Bike
    08 Streetglide
    and here's smitty on the spot with experience and the right answers.How the hell did those jack ass' let him go?Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    08 streetglide, 96 springer softail

Bike
    Only things I can think of would be.
    1. It got plugged up too dirty and the suction damaged it
    2. Over doing it when cleaning it, using too high air pressure or to much water pressure
    3. Some kind of out side physical damage.
    Anything can happen we know that but when serviced correctly those things last longer than the bike.

Bike
    08 Streetglide
    smitty, what was the price difference from the k&n vs. the SE?
    Click here to enlarge

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bagger Click here to enlarge
    and here's smitty on the spot with experience and the right answers.How the hell did those jack ass' let him go?Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    How? That's easy, he is a real biker, he is opinionated, he is knowledgeble about HD's, he is a hero, he is a warrior... What he isn't is a pussy, a fake, a poser and a dictator...
    ````I Wish I Were Riding Click here to enlarge````

Bike
    smitty, what was the price difference from the k&n vs. the SE?
    When I bought me SE heavy breather (THE cone shape) It came with a KN filter right form HD. I think at the time the list was 199 with a discount it cost me 150. Thats was on the 07 RG.
    Click here to enlarge

Bike
    08 Streetglide
    OK That has me questioning this.Smitty did any part of that kit say "K&N"?Alright, I need to look into this as this will be a good self help thread to combine all the relevent air filter info.To my knowledge the se element is not k&n and cleaned completely different than a k&n/ness cleaner.
    Click here to enlarge

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG
    OK That has me questioning this.Smitty did any part of that kit say "K&N"?Alright, I need to look into this as this will be a good self help thread to combine all the relevent air filter info.To my knowledge the se element is not k&n and cleaned completely different than a k&n/ness cleaner.
    Don't take this to the bank bro but I believe all SE aircleaners are K&N filters, the MOCO just puts their logo on them for the SE line of high performance parts and accessories... If I'm correct, then cleaning K&N filters is pretty standard... Mild soap with water then air blow it or let sit for 24 hrs and dry out... No oil is needed unless you live in a area where dust is a major problem... I usually clean my filters at least once per season or if I've been riding in dust storms etc., then I'll clean them more frequently...
    ````I Wish I Were Riding Click here to enlarge````

Bike
    08 Streetglide
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tbones Click here to enlarge
    Don't take this to the bank bro but I believe all SE aircleaners are K&N filters, the MOCO just puts their logo on them for the SE line of high performance parts and accessories... If I'm correct, then cleaning K&N filters is pretty standard... Mild soap with water then air blow it or let sit for 24 hrs and dry out... No oil is needed unless you live in a area where dust is a major problem... I usually clean my filters at least once per season or if I've been riding in dust storms etc., then I'll clean them more frequently...
    See thats why I dont think they are k&n.As you stated, I could be wrong too but to my knowledge all k&n performance filters use oil after cleaning.This is one of those topics that will come up many times.Hobbit posted some good bits on the se filter,I have a ness big sucker and a k&n.Just thinking ghost needs a price comparison and all this info would fit nicely in one thread for future users.Here's the k&n cleaning procedure.

http://harleytalking.com/showthread....p-N-air-filter
    Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast