HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar

Accessory plug explained

Accessory plug explained :
    Touring bikes have a plug under the set near the battery box that is controlled by the ACC switch on you dash.
    here is something you may not know.
    The connector on the bike has 4 poles one side is hot only when the switch is turned on the other is Hot all of the time.
    These pictures show the plug, they show it being used with an HD pig tail to run ACC spoiler lights. The Pig tail comes wired to the HOT all the time side so when the bike is on the spoilers lights are on no matter if the switch is on or not.
    This may clear up some confusion some may have as to how it is used.

ACC connector
    Click here to enlarge

Mine with Pig tail for rear Bag Spoiler lights plugged in
    Click here to enlarge

Plug on the bike showing the 4 poles.
    Click here to enlarge

An ACC plug that would be used with it the wires could be switched to work with the switch or hot all of the time.
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by smitty901; 08-14-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    1982 FXRS, 2009 Streetglide
    Good info....
    Click here to enlarge
    "Don't own up to anything. That's like saying you did it."

Bike
    08 Streetglide
    Great post and pics smitty.I'm going to include a link to a thread by dawg that has some part numbers for the connecters
    http://harleytalking.com/showthread....sory-connector

Also a pic by Clint showing the pigtail can also be tucked up under the tank.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    08 streetglide, 96 springer softail

Bike
    2007 Dyna Street Bob
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    Accessory plug explained :
    Touring bikes have a plug under the set near the battery box that is controlled by the ACC switch on you dash.
    here is something you may not know.
    The connector on the bike has 4 poles one side is hot only when the switch is turned on the other is Hot all of the time.
    These pictures show the plug, they show it being used with an HD pig tail to run ACC spoiler lights. The Pig tail comes wired to the HOT all the time side so when the bike is on the spoilers lights are on no matter if the switch is on or not.
    Smiity thanks for that info. Wonder why they make some of the wires hot all the time? Possibly for leaving GPS on while bike is off ? Or emergency Flashers ?

Anyhow that Pigtail looks like it has 2 or possibly 3 outlets is that true ? If so that is real handy. I've searched around and I can buy a pigtail for my Dyna Accessory plug also but not sure if it has multi-plugs on it like that. It's part 70264-94A Zanotti Price: $14.36 HARNESS, DUAL ACCESSORY.

Even more strange upon investigation I find my Dyna also has a second existing plug, with only one red wire that I've read is also hot all the time. Its HD part 72260-04 referred to in Parts manual as P&A Battery (also seen elsewhere as 'B+ Connector'). It's a larger diameter wire and I surmise you have to create your own ground to use it. But there is also a matching additional purchase plug for it, part HD-70270-04 Price: $12.76 KIT, B+ ADAPTOR. I am not real sure what this plug was designed for.

Bike
    09 ultra black
    I think that hot all time wire is for running lites.... that large red wire may be to a interface to ecm ???
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2007 Dyna Street Bob
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultrat Click here to enlarge
    I think that hot all time wire is for running lites.... that large red wire may be to a interface to ecm ???
    Ok actually Smitty said for the spoilers, but I also wondering if the same scenario plays out on my Dyna. (got my bike apart and can't test them for hot or not)

Also wondering if Dyna part 70264-94A HARNESS, DUAL ACCESSORY also has multi plugs. (there are no pics at Zanottis) Guess I will call them, just wondering if any of you have seen it for a Dyna.

And that second existing plug, with only one red wire it doesn't currently go to anything. It's just sitting there. A guy on HDForums said he thought it could be used as an accessory power option also. Just wondering what the scoop is on it.

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Ill look it up on electrial sch of bike.....
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2007 Dyna Street Bob
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultrat Click here to enlarge
    Ill look it up on electrial sch of bike.....
    Thanks Ultrat, in the meantime I had already looked up my Dyna schematic. The P&A Battery one, it comes out of the TSSM battery terminal. Not quite sure what it's intended for though?

And on the Cust. Accy 4 wire plug the black wire goes to ground.
    Both O/R wires go to the Cust. Accy fuse on the fuse block and shows that fuse being switched from ignition. So I guess on Dynas the two O/R poles are switched and not hot all the time.

And the other R/Y goes to the (feeds?) the rear lighting.

Still waiting to hear back from Zanottis on how many plugs the Dyna pigtail has. My local parts dealer was busy said he would call back. I may just run down there.

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    They can be used for what ever you want.
    One side hot all of time works out so that you can still have an assy that is controlled by the switch if you want.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Bike
    2007 Dyna Street Bob
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smitty901 Click here to enlarge
    They can be used for what ever you want.
    One side hot all of time works out so that you can still have an assy that is controlled by the switch if you want.
    Thanks for the reply Smitty,
    Looking at the schematic on mine (Dyna) evidently the two O/R wires (poles) are the switched side and I'm guessing the other R/Y feeds back off the rear lighting. Still undetermined if mine's hot when off since my rear lights are not hot when off. I'm guessing only the touring models are hot on the one side. I don't really want it hot, just trying to decipher how to wire somethun up off it and I've got wires hanging out of the neck connectors and can't hook up the battery to test. Think I gonna go down to the shop and buy the pigtail though, hoping it's a multi plug also (for Dyna) like yours shows.

I also have this single red wire thingy which I'm just gonna leave alone for now but have been told it's also hot all the time and available for an Accessory (to switch or whatever) and I surmise I'd need to create my own ground with it. It feeds out of the TSSM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast