HarleyTalking

Thread: Read the rules

Bike
    2007 Dyna Street Bob

Read the rules

Rum I read the rules, don't have a problem with any of um, except they were so long it made me think I was in a lawyer's office (just kidding) but I understand there are legal precedents that public organizations have to post up.

However I did make note of one part that I will have to remember. The part about not copying ANY information posted to share elsewhere. I'm not sure if I have broken this rule on this forum, but on other forums I am guilty of copying tech tips 'posted by members' from one forum and sharing it with members on other forums.

I guess I'm a bit naive in this area and will have to discipline myself a bit. I counted them up just the other day and I belong to 10 different biker forums, but admittedly on frequent 3 of those 10 with any regularity.

I did not mean any harm in doing so, was just trying to share tech tips with friends on other forums. But I can understand a forum's privacy, all things are relative to members. To my memory, I have not violated this rule yet on this forum, but have made note of the rule. I enjoy this forum very much and value the friends I have made on here. Sincerely RWB (Dave)

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    RWB, not worries. These guidelines have been on the site for over a year, I just relocated them so it would be easier for new people to find them. We will be edited them here and there adn one of the things that will most likely be edited is the point you bring up. We are for sharing information, most tech info is public knowledge and not something that would be considered property of any particular site.

If you were to copy an article or something similar written by someone at our site, we would ask that you mention the source with a link just as we do when we take an article from another source and post it here for our members.
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    Uh, yea, about that.....
    Guys, just want to reiterate what Dan is saying....these terse sounding legalese rules are something we're required to post, and they're nothing new. As to sharing info, we absolutely WANT and HOPE that ALL OF YOU will continue to do just what you've been doing! (We need all the help we can get! LOL!)

The important thing is, if it's a published author's work, like an article from a magazine, just be sure to give the author credit. As long as we do that we're fine. But most of the tech tips seen on other forums are public knowledge and really don't require any special accreditation.
    Click here to enlarge
    LIVE FOR THE RIDE!

Bike
    2007 Dyna Street Bob
    Oh ok, thanks for the clarification guys. I will definitely post 'where' something comes from when I share it then.