HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG

Just Some Things To Know - For New Members Joining

This post is really for our "guests" that view the forum more than new members but I thought I'd share some things about this site with you that maybe you are not aware of...

First, I don't know if you've noticed but take a look at how many responses a new member gets when they join this forum... Now, go to any other forum out there and look in their new member introduction and see just how many responses "welcomes" they get... Maybe 2 or 3... This forum is truely made up of some really good folks that share their lives, the road and expertise...

Second, even though this forum is young, it does have a substantial amount of technical information to gleen information from... The man that puts it all together is Bagger... He doesn't get enough recognition for all the work he's put in to provide quality technical information for motorcycles in particular Harley Davidson motorcycles... He has put together an extensive library of MOCO documentation that is shared freely... You'll also notice that you don't have to "pay" to access this information like you have to on the vast majority of other forums out there... They let you join for free but limit full access to their information until you pay for an "upgraded" membership...

Third, as I said, it is free to join this site and be able to take advantage of all the features offered here... The owners refuse to take any money for this site... And, if you notice, there isn't a bunch of "advertisment" splattered all over the forum that you have to wade thru to get to threads... This may have to change in the future, I don't know but I do know it isn't cheap to run a forum like this... Having said this, I firmly believe that this forum will one day be the #1 forum on the net and it won't be long before big hitters in the motorcycle industry will start adding their names to the site sponsor list... I already know it's the best forum on the net but I'm just one man... You will be hard pressed to find other forum owners that actively participate in the community as the owners here do...

Fourth, you won't see a lot of gradeschool, dictator rules here... I challenge you to find them on this forum like you see on other forums out there... There is really only one "rule" here if you want to call it a rule and that's respect... Show respect and respect will be shown... A simple concept that adult bikers can treat each other with respect and not harrass, belittle, or personally attack members just because they disagree with another members opinion or view... About the only topic not discussed here in "detail" is politic's and religion... Those two topics can fast get out of hand so it is avoided here...

And last but not least, the members here are some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure to know... I've met other members and can tell you, they are exactly the same in person as they are on this forum... Real "bikers" or whatever you want to call it that actually ride their motorcycles and then share their stories with everyone else... Proof of that is the flag journey... As far as I know, this is the only forum on the net that has a flag that is going across this country for members of this forum to gather together in meet and greets and sign the flag... It will eventually go international so our brothers and sisters in other countries can participate in signing this flag... Don't care what anybody says or thinks, that flag is something special... It brings strangers together and puts a real face to the name... That's probably another reason why members here treat each other with respect Click here to enlarge...

In conclusion, to the new members that have joined and those that will join, welcome... And to our many guests that come here and view, why not take the time and sign on as a member? Like I said, it costs nothing to be a member Click here to enlarge Take care... T
    [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=wheat][SIZE=3][COLOR=yellow]````[FONT=Impact]I[SIZE=3] Wis[SIZE=3]h I Were Riding[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] :ridesafe:````[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange][URL="http://www.specialtschools.com"][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Bike
    09'Fatbob
    Hi T I am a new member here and agree with your comments. So I will take this opportunity to thank the guys that welcomed me on board, and Doc for the invite......now just got to track Bagger down.

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG
    Great!!! Glad your here, let your friends know bout this forum too Click here to enlarge...
    [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=wheat][SIZE=3][COLOR=yellow]````[FONT=Impact]I[SIZE=3] Wis[SIZE=3]h I Were Riding[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] :ridesafe:````[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange][URL="http://www.specialtschools.com"][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    No Question this is the Best Forum .. Met Several Here for real already and looking forward to meeting more .. Anyone think about getting out of the cold this winter in FL Just remember Lake City is known as the Gateway City when Cross the Border .. Just give me a Days Notice and will guide you into the state ...
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Bike
    2012 Ultra Classic
    Hi, I'm Ken and we're living the HD experience in Western Australia for the first time, started with a Fatboy back in July then upgraded to the Ultra last month as soon as I saw it in the flesh, same colour as the wife's. Love this forum so far and I can see there is plenty to read through before putting comment forward. My partner also has a new 1200 Custom, both of us are reinvented bikers from the 70's now that life's turned the corner so to speak. Thanks to all of you, trust I can put something into this forum when I have useful input so until then I've reading to do.

Bike
    2012 Ultra Classic
    Hi T, thanks for the candid introduction to this forum. I'm sure it will be a #1 on the net as it's looking good so far.

Bike
    2005 FLHT
    As far as the Flag journey, I will add this. Those of you who are new please add your name and location so you will appear on the map below...
    The Flag is in South Carolina now and is looking for new members who wish to add their name to it and meet a few members from our forum. So go to the Flag Journey at the top of the forum page and enter your info, and your name and location will be added to the map....and again WELCOME and enjoy.......

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...b08d3ae35070e5

OK well that link didn't seem to work,,,,but it is on the flag journey at the top of the forum page.....
    Last edited by Locke; 12-10-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Bike
    09 ultra black
    WELCOME Fatbike ,.,. from south bend .....
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    07 Electra classic
    Great post " T ". Very well stated . And a welcome to you Ken .

Bike
    2017 RGU Blackhills gold and black-96 FB Black with sidecar
    Great site.
    Now that winter is here looking forward to a few post on do it your self mods, clean care ect.
    So if your working on while the snow is flying take pictures write it up and post it as you go.
    Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast