HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Full Sac

Bike
    2000 roadking police & 80 flt
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-E-Performa...u%3DSI%252BUA%

heres some made from B&e performance same guage as ful sac but cheaper less shippen cost
    Click here to enlarge

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    These are the "Jackpot" (from fuel motto) pipes. They (like the full sac) are ceramic coated, and supposed to really cut down on felt engine heat. I'm seriously considering buying a set of these, and using some infra red equipment to see if I can measure an actual difference in felt engine heat.
    http://www.jackpotmufflers.com/headpipes.htm

-clutch-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    2015 FLHTK & 2006 FXSTSI
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by clutchglass Click here to enlarge
    These are the "Jackpot" (from fuel motto) pipes. They (like the full sac) are ceramic coated, and supposed to really cut down on felt engine heat. I'm seriously considering buying a set of these, and using some infra red equipment to see if I can measure an actual difference in felt engine heat.
    http://www.jackpotmufflers.com/headpipes.htm

-clutch-

In February of last year I posted the Jackpot's in this thread when I was looking at replacement headers. They're 304 Stainless Steel, which means they should last just about forever, but at the time they were not ceramic coated and that was the reason I chose the Fullsac's. Well, they were also more expensive too! The ceramic coating causes all heat to be "fairly" evenly distributed across the entire length of the pipe, where that will not happen with any kind of metal alone with the hotest surfaces being the closest to the engine.

Ceramic coatings are definitely the way to go, the Fullsac's I have did an outstanding job of getting rid of the heat and if the Jackpot's are now the same and still use 304 Stainless, it really changes decision making.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015 FLHTK & 2006 FXSTSI
    Well, this is kind of a continuation from a few years back. Last Saturday, we were riding down to Starved Rock State Park to grab some lunch at the lodge. When we came to a stop sign I remarked to my buddy about a little ticking noise I could hear in the exhaust. By the time we got to the lodge you could hear me from the next county. I crawled under the bike and sure enough, the left pipe had broken totally apart just at the bend where it crosses over for the left side.

So yesterday I gave Fullsac a call and spoke to Alice who asked if I still had the invoice and if I could take a couple of pics. Found the invoice last night, took a couple of not so good pics and just got off the phone with Alice a few minutes ago.

First, Fullsac (Alice) was very accomodating and apologetic and get this ................ Fullsac will ship out a new set of X-Pipe headers today and all they asked is to ship back the old ones in the same box and slap on the return address label.

Now that's what I call great customer service and standing behind your product ........ par excellence!!!!! Not once during any of the conversations we're the folks from Fullsac anything but helpful and apologetic. My pipes were one of the earlier try's so I'm sure they probably have it down pat by now. I loved the headers and based on my experience, I would recommend and have recommended Fullsac pipes to anyone.

Too often we are disappointed or have to put on boxing gloves to do business with some companies, but not these folks and they deserve all the kudos I can give them!!!

Bike
    66 FLH,79FXE,,07Ultra
    Good for you Dennis..... It's good to here of companies standing behind their products.
    RIP T

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Smilly face here ,,,
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    Good for you man! And you're right...customer service can't get any better than that!
    -clutch-
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Bike
    02 Road King 95" ported heads, andrews 37w cams, PC3 87 Sporty
    Been thinking of doing the fulsac conversion to my rk. Good to know they are a stand up company. As I always say , buy American! :beer:

sent from somewhere in cyberworld.
    Click here to enlarge"Now a days I got me two good wheels...and I seek refuge in aluminum and steel... it takes me out there for a little while... and the years fall away with every mile...I'm back out on the road again...turn this beast into the wind...there are those that break and bend...I'm the other kind." Steve Earle

Bike
    2015 FLHTK & 2006 FXSTSI
    Here's the follow-up. Fullsac sent the new headers just like they promised and no strings attached.

Here's the new ones installed and almost ready to go:

WP_20131001_002.jpg

One slight pain in the ass and it has nothing to do with Fullsac. The front head lower header bolt faces the frame exactly! You have no idea what a pain it was trying to get a torque wrench in there and put 110 in-lbs on the bolt. Nice engineering Harley!!!!

WP_20131001_005.jpg Here's everything except the lower faring on. It's good to have her back together again.

Bike
    1982 FXRS, 2009 Streetglide
    A job well done DRD.
    Click here to enlarge
    "Don't own up to anything. That's like saying you did it."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast