HarleyTalking
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Ops,, you may be rite ';';'
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    That is a great video, saw some others they did too. I'm sure some of them will come in handy at some point.. Thanks..
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2000 roadking police & 80 flt
    HAD THAT UP A FEW DAYS AGO , LONG BUT GOOD , ALMOST 300 BUCKS FOR THE TOOLS
    Click here to enlarge

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fisherman124 Click here to enlarge
    HAD THAT UP A FEW DAYS AGO , LONG BUT GOOD , ALMOST 300 BUCKS FOR THE TOOLS
    Nah bro, I can get these tools for folks for less Click here to enlarge I keep tell'en you folks I can help out with costs, what? You don't believe me? ahahahahahaha
    [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=wheat][SIZE=3][COLOR=yellow]````[FONT=Impact]I[SIZE=3] Wis[SIZE=3]h I Were Riding[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] :ridesafe:````[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange][URL="http://www.specialtschools.com"][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Bike
    2012 Dyna Switchback and 86' FJ1200
    I believe - god sounds like one of those gospel shows on sky tv lol
    Click here to enlarge
    IBA MEMBER 40172
    SYLO SYLBP

I'm walking with Sophie tonight, She lives in the air that I breathe;
    I can't get it out of my mind, How you were left to bleed...
    Was it how you dressed?
    Or how you act?
    I can't believe, How they could act so violently,
    Without regret, , Well, we will not forget...

We are the others, We are the cast outs,
    We're the outsiders, But you can't hide us,
    We are the others, We are the cast outs
    You're no longer on your own, If you feel mistreated, Torn and cheated,
    You're not alone, We are the others

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2fasteddie Click here to enlarge
    Great video, it inspired me to do it myself. Only thing they're kinda vague on is the pushrod adjustment. My Bro T came through for me on that one.
    Glad you got your scoot back up and runn'en bro... See, you are now well on your way to being a certified wrench Click here to enlarge... Bro's will be coming from miles around to have you install cams for them and make a few bucks doing it to put in your parts/accessories/gas/food jar Click here to enlarge...
    [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=wheat][SIZE=3][COLOR=yellow]````[FONT=Impact]I[SIZE=3] Wis[SIZE=3]h I Were Riding[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] :ridesafe:````[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange][URL="http://www.specialtschools.com"][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    GREAT video. Thanks. I keep going back and forth on a cam install. I have the extended warranty, and the only way I can keep it clear (at least according to my local dealer) is to let them put in a set of SE 259 cams. Watchin the video makes me want to tell them to f@#k off, and do the job myself. Although the whole pinion shaft run-out thing makes me want to shy away from gear drive. Knowing my luck I'd get it all apart, and have too much slop for the gear drive.
    -clutch-
    PS T what are your thoughts on all this?
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    Unless you upgrade your bottom end to the twin tapered Timkin bearings on the leftside and put the SE lefty bearing on the right side, then chain drive is your best bet... If your pinion runout (which most times it is) is more than .002", I would not put a gear drive set in... If you want to upgrade then send me your cases and bottom end I can install the Timking bearings and SE bearing in your case and all you would have to pay is for the bearings, insert and shipping... My labor is free for any HDT member who wants to do this upgrade... The upgrade costs about $100... I can also install the upgrade cam bearings as well... This will make your bottomend like it suppose to be... This work normally costs around $400 to do for labor so members can save that and put it towards their beer/food/gas/motel stash Click here to enlarge... As for the dealer telling you that unless you let them put a SE cam in your motor the warranty is voided, that's a lie and is total bullshit... But, it's your bike so you have to do whats best for you Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tbones Click here to enlarge
    Unless you upgrade your bottom end to the twin tapered Timkin bearings on the leftside and put the SE lefty bearing on the right side, then chain drive is your best bet... If your pinion runout (which most times it is) is more than .002", I would not put a gear drive set in... If you want to upgrade then send me your cases and bottom end I can install the Timking bearings and SE bearing in your case and all you would have to pay is for the bearings, insert and shipping... My labor is free for any HDT member who wants to do this upgrade... As for the dealer telling you that unless you let them put a SE cam in your motor the warranty is voided, that's a lie and is total bullshit... But, it's your bike so you have to do whats best for you Click here to enlarge
    Not Disputing the Warranty Voided Issue with you T Am sure you are correct there .. If wasn't so far would be there in a heartbeat for your assistance .. Main Reason Had the Dealer do it had their assurance in writing would be done right and didn't have the confidence or tools to tackle this with no help with another 3 years warranty to go .. Got over 1,000 miles on these 255's now and it's running strong .. Think the Dealer would have done this with any Cam of my choosing just happened to get a brand new SE 255's for about 1/2 cost from another guy that decided to go with a different Cam when bought the SE Upgrade Kit .. My total cost for everything parts and all was less than $500.00 .. Do Miss the satisfaction of Did it Myself .. Next Time ...
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jaystronghawk Click here to enlarge
    Not Disputing the Warranty Voided Issue with you T Am sure you are correct there .. If wasn't so far would be there in a heartbeat for your assistance .. Main Reason Had the Dealer do it had their assurance in writing would be done right and didn't have the confidence or tools to tackle this with no help with another 3 years warranty to go .. Got over 1,000 miles on these 255's now and it's running strong .. Think the Dealer would have done this with any Cam of my choosing just happened to get a brand new SE 255's for about 1/2 cost from another guy that decided to go with a different Cam when bought the SE Upgrade Kit .. My total cost for everything parts and all was less than $500.00 .. Do Miss the satisfaction of Did it Myself .. Next Time ...
    I have not personally run or installed these cams in a bike but like the Woods cams, I've always heard good things about the SE 255's and talking to wrenches that I know and trust, they are good cams... Changing out cams in a TC is really a easy job to do... Not quite as easy as the EVO's but it is one of the easy things that do it yourselfer's can do with no problems... The biggest expense is the tools but you can shop around on ebay or I can get the tools thru JIMS and save folks money that way... The draw back to it is the cost... If you aren't planning on changing out cams a lot, it really isn't worth the money you spend to change out your cams one time unless of course, your like me and do all the work on my bikes...

The video that is posted is a pretty good vid... I watched the entire vid and the guy does a good job of explaining how to do it... I totally understand folks with warranties not wanting to upset the apple cart and if the dealer puts in a cam and something goes wrong, then it's on their dime... So, I totally understand why folks take their bikes to the dealers to have this work done atleast until their warranty runs out...

It just chaps my ass when these dealers tell folks that if they do this mod or do that mod to their motorcycle the warranty is voided... That is a lie, it is against the law but they continue to spew that garbage out to customers... Using a cam as an example, you put in a set of after market cams pr an HD cam and down the road, the teeth on the gears come apart and it goes south on you... The damaged caused by this cam would not be under the warranty but the warranty is still good... In other words, if this happened and lets say later on your tranny goes out, that dealer has to repair that tranny under the warranty because it had nothing to do with the cams...

What the MoCo does do is put your motorcycle on a watch list... So when you do take your bike in for warranty work, they want to see what the work is and that the damage wasn't part of the cam change out... Then they authorize the dealer to perform the warranty work... I think it is important that people understand this and understand the law... Ok, I'm done with my soap box Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Tbones; 12-26-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast