HarleyTalking

Bike
    2007 Dyna Street Bob
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Razor Click here to enlarge
    Sure wish that somehow we could get it up north a bit . Like I have said before I would go a days ride to pick it up and then deliver to someone else .
    It ran through yours and Smitty's area a good while back when Clutch first delivered it across the nation. But you were not a member here then as I recall. Too bad you didn't make to Florida while it was still in the south.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tbones Click here to enlarge
    Yup, the flag needs to keep moving... At the rate it's going round, the folks overseas will be six foot under Click here to enlarge
    Yea I agree, don't want to put pressure on the folks that have it since I know we all have our daily chores to get done. But when possible it does need to always move. Ideally it would just keep circlling the nation so new members could get a chance for it.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."~Einstein
    "It does not matter where you came from, it only matters where you are going." ~ Condoleeza Rice

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG
    I still think the flag needs to be shipped overseas during our winter and their summer... And then when their summer is over ship it back to the States...
    [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=wheat][SIZE=3][COLOR=yellow]````[FONT=Impact]I[SIZE=3] Wis[SIZE=3]h I Were Riding[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] :ridesafe:````[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange][URL="http://www.specialtschools.com"][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Bike
    07 Electra classic
    I still think the flag needs to be shipped overseas during our winter and their summer... And then when their summer is over ship it back to the States...

This is a great Idea " T " ! They should have a chance as well .

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG
    I hope no-one is offended by my suggestion... I understand folks just can't pick up and run here and there with the flag and keep it moving... Life gets in the way Click here to enlarge... I know the rule is the flag must be moved by motorcycle, I understand that and the reason for it but maybe due to life gett'en in the way that special consideration or modification to the rule where the flag can be shipped to someone who has a run planned like what Jay just did to AZ so folks can meet and greet/sign the flag... Just a thought, again I know the object of the flag is to moved by motorcycle only, just a suggestion Click here to enlarge... I mean if that's the rule, then the folks oversea's will never see the flag unless somebody has figured out how to ride a HD on water Click here to enlarge...
    [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=wheat][SIZE=3][COLOR=yellow]````[FONT=Impact]I[SIZE=3] Wis[SIZE=3]h I Were Riding[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] :ridesafe:````[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange][URL="http://www.specialtschools.com"][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Hoping can pick it up on the trip to Sturgis in late July .. I know Evan from NZ and James will both be there .. Evan would be the the first International Sig that I know of .. Don't think James has signed it either unless missed that somewhere .. Then either James or I could drop it back off depending on wants it next and the route needed to meet up ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

I hope no-one is offended by my suggestion... I understand folks just can't pick up and run here and there with the flag and keep it moving... Life gets in the way Click here to enlarge... I know the rule is the flag must be moved by motorcycle, I understand that and the reason for it but maybe due to life gett'en in the way that special consideration or modification to the rule where the flag can be shipped to someone who has a run planned like what Jay just did to AZ so folks can meet and greet/sign the flag... Just a thought, again I know the object of the flag is to moved by motorcycle only, just a suggestion Click here to enlarge... I mean if that's the rule, then the folks oversea's will never see the flag unless somebody has figured out how to ride a HD on water Click here to enlarge...

Never fear T...... The admin team here has been discussing and researching some options that might allow us to keep up the honor of the tradition. We are already looking into the possibiity of having our flag hitch a ride in the saddlebag or tourpack of either a privately shipped bike or a MOCO to dealer shipped bike. The bike of course would be shipped rather than rode.... but the flag would still be moving by HD. Might be more of a challenge to get it back to the US. Another one of our ideas is to look into military personel who may be moving an HD from one country to another.

All in all, I think most folks would be receptive to the idea of allowing our flag to travel with their bike.

Any other ideas or thoughts on this are appreciated. We're all in this together!

In the meanwhile, I agree that we need to get the flag moving now that the riding season is upon us.
    Click here to enlarge ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!

09 Ultra - Black Pearl - PCV - SEAC - RUSH 4" Big Louie's (Sold)

American Dogs - Vivid Black & Mellow Yellow (GBNF)
    PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTER!

JOIN A.B.A.T.E. - "THE RIGHTS YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN!"

Bike
    07 Electra classic
    I agree Clint , lets get it up this way . I am good for a days ride out and back ...where ever .

Bike
    09 ultra black
    Great idea.',,
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Moderator / Sergeant at Arms clutchglass's Avatar

Bike
    2015 FLHX Streetglide Special
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Clint Click here to enlarge
    Never fear T...... The admin team here has been discussing and researching some options that might allow us to keep up the honor of the tradition. We are already looking into the possibiity of having our flag hitch a ride in the saddlebag or tourpack of either a privately shipped bike or a MOCO to dealer shipped bike. The bike of course would be shipped rather than rode.... but the flag would still be moving by HD. Might be more of a challenge to get it back to the US. Another one of our ideas is to look into military personel who may be moving an HD from one country to another.

All in all, I think most folks would be receptive to the idea of allowing our flag to travel with their bike.

Any other ideas or thoughts on this are appreciated. We're all in this together!

In the meanwhile, I agree that we need to get the flag moving now that the riding season is upon us.
    Maybe we say something like "X" amount of membership in a country entitles them to their own flag? That would be both an incentive to increase membership drive...and a continuing source of riders meeting, and riding together within their respective countries. What do you guys think aboout that?
    -clutch-
    "The enemy has us surrounded again...those poor bastards!" -Gen Creighton Abrams-

Holy cow! Just seen this thread back on topic..... and I have the flag..... and the pressure is on! I am happy to do whatever is needed to get it going, we will do a trip this year, but the planning is still going on. If anyone has any trips planned where I can meet up prior, I will do what I can to meet. I said from the start when I snagged the flag I would be doing a road trip and would bring it then and pass it off. So unless I hear otherwise I will plan on meeting up when I am on the road. Sturgis is not until August, that is too far out and I plan on leaving before that.

T: No offense taken by me on the flag issue, but here is my take. The flag moving my other means than a MC, I am personally not for it. For over sea's obviously we have to ship it, but I think it should travel only by MC with the only exception when impossible to do so. The flag represents us in the wind, not in a cage and was decided to travel by MC from the start by Clutch. This has been discussed already. This is how I understood it was to be, but this is only my opinion and whatever the powers decide is not an option to be contested by me. Ride safe.

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast