HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bike
    2012 Victory Cross Country
    I went tried these, the twosided tape will not handle FL heat in July and August and just fell off the lid.. had to go the drilling route, no worries since ..
    Click here to enlarge 2012 Victory Cross Country

Bike
    2012 Ultra Classic FLHTCU
    Not too many substances known to man can withstand that heat and humidity. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Bike
    08 Streetglide
    Just going to throw this out there for anyone using tape/velcro to attach things.Plastic parts (especially raw plastics like the inside of a tour pack) contain mold release agents.Although you can't see them these chemicals breath through the pours of unfinished plastic parts and make tape applications near impossible. Years ago we where having trouble getting body moldings to stick to cars after being painted.We would do our best, the car would leave only to return some weeks later with the mouldings falling off.

3m came up with the solution.Adhesive wipes specifically designed to help tape stick to plastics.Product number 06396.
    http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawe...asheet6396.pdf

I'm no scientist and won't pretend to know why it works.I will say that overnight our molding problems where cured.Having trouble getting that radar detector to stick to your dash.Use these wipes and your only issue will be removing the tape.
    Click here to enlarge
    08 streetglide, 96 springer softail

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bagger Click here to enlarge
    Just going to throw this out there for anyone using tape/velcro to attach things.Plastic parts (especially raw plastics like the inside of a tour pack) contain mold release agents.Although you can't see them these chemicals breath through the pours of unfinished plastic parts and make tape applications near impossible. Years ago we where having trouble getting body moldings to stick to cars after being painted.We would do our best, the car would leave only to return some weeks later with the mouldings falling off.

3m came up with the solution.Adhesive wipes specifically designed to help tape stick to plastics.Product number 06396.
    http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawe...asheet6396.pdf

I'm no scientist and won't pretend to know why it works.I will say that overnight our molding problems where cured.Having trouble getting that radar detector to stick to your dash.Use these wipes and your only issue will be removing the tape.
    Kewl!!! Thanks for posting this up... Seems like the MoCo is the only ones that know what type of adhesive to use because all of their stick on stuff, sticks Click here to enlarge...
    ````I Wish I Were Riding Click here to enlarge````

Bike
    08 Streetglide
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tbones Click here to enlarge
    Kewl!!! Thanks for posting this up... Seems like the MoCo is the only ones that know what type of adhesive to use because all of their stick on stuff, sticks Click here to enlarge...
    Guarendamn tee you this is what they use.
    Click here to enlarge
    08 streetglide, 96 springer softail

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2