HarleyTalking
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bike
    2007 Dyna Street Bob
    Research has shown that a lighter background color is easier on the eyes, least that's what I read when researching color settings on some programming editors. However it does not bother me, I can work with just about any color that doesn't clash. This might be from working on a black background in Cad for 10 yrs.

Anyhow I guess the Mods could start a vote thread.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."~Einstein
    "It does not matter where you came from, it only matters where you are going." ~ Condoleeza Rice

Bike
    '02 Road King Classic, '05 Dyna FXDC
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tbones Click here to enlarge
    What I'm about to suggest, I know would be a major pain in the butt to do and time consuming for whomever would have to do it but here goes;

I suggest a new face lift for the forum...

Yeah, I know, I ain't the one that's gotta do this but hey, it's just a suggestion Click here to enlarge...
    The black skin does have it's drawbacks. There is evidently a
    cure for that. Below in the pic is a forum that has a choice of
    four skins to choose from, I know of a few others that have
    this option. It would allow those who want change, to do so.
    Just a thought.Click here to enlarge
    J/D
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by JackDupp; 05-01-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    .......Click here to enlarge

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG
    LOL pretty good responses so far Click here to enlarge... Like others, I have become used to the format but just a thought to throw in the mix, if the forum format is hard to read and retain information, lookey lews or guests may not join the forum for that reason... This is the only forum that I know of that uses this dark background format so I guess it is unique in that sense but if it prevents people from joining than is the color format worth it to be unique?
    [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=wheat][SIZE=3][COLOR=yellow]````[FONT=Impact]I[SIZE=3] Wis[SIZE=3]h I Were Riding[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] :ridesafe:````[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange][URL="http://www.specialtschools.com"][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    Couple of quick comments.

1. Our theme does not have the option to change on the fly. It is black background, only option. Has another option for different text color, first we tried red, but was not very good, so went with orange. Which was better anyway, because it's the Harley colors Click here to enlarge
    2. There are actually lots of forums out there with a black theme, but not many in the motorcycle world.
    3. Besides what is invested in the theme/skin itself, there is much more invested in other graphics/images/logos/ect... that have been made specifically to go with our theme/skin.

We started out with the basic blue/white default vBulletin forum, but changed to this theme/skin so we could not only be a bit unique, but stand out as well. We get lots of feedback from people that love it, say it is unmistakable that they are on our site and not the many others that all look the same.

Of course we always value any suggestions and feedback on anything about the site. Keep the ideas flowing, we have used many ideas from members in the past and will certainly use more in the future....
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2009 FXDL

I am new to this forum, but I do like JackDupp's idea.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JackDupp Click here to enlarge
    The black skin does have it's drawbacks. There is evidently a
    cure for that. Below in the pic is a forum that has a choice of
    four skins to choose from, I know of a few others that have
    this option. It would allow those who want change, to do so.
    Just a thought.Click here to enlarge
    J/D
    Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RumRunner Click here to enlarge
    Couple of quick comments.

1. Our theme does not have the option to change on the fly. It is black background, only option. Has another option for different text color, first we tried red, but was not very good, so went with orange. Which was better anyway, because it's the Harley colors Click here to enlarge
    2. There are actually lots of forums out there with a black theme, but not many in the motorcycle world.
    3. Besides what is invested in the theme/skin itself, there is much more invested in other graphics/images/logos/ect... that have been made specifically to go with our theme/skin.

We started out with the basic blue/white default vBulletin forum, but changed to this theme/skin so we could not only be a bit unique, but stand out as well. We get lots of feedback from people that love it, say it is unmistakable that they are on our site and not the many others that all look the same.

Of course we always value any suggestions and feedback on anything about the site. Keep the ideas flowing, we have used many ideas from members in the past and will certainly use more in the future....
    Thanks RR for all you do to make this a great site.
    2010 Ultra Limited Merlot/Cherry Red

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2011 Victory Cross Country
    I can read it okay .. Belong to a few other Forums a couple of dark ones like here .. Just took a little adjusting ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2011 Vic Cross Country

Bike
    2007 Dyna Street Bob
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Glenalt Click here to enlarge
    Thanks RR for all you do to make this a great site.
    I like all the members saying their input for sure since that's what makes this forum so unique. But I couldn't help but want to also thank Rum and all the other folks involved (all the Mods and RichardS etc) that do a lot of work in the background so we can enjoy this forum.

Thanks Glenalt for bringing that up since I sometimes just take it for granted without thinking about it.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."~Einstein
    "It does not matter where you came from, it only matters where you are going." ~ Condoleeza Rice

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG
    Absolutely, kudo's to the entire team that keep the place up and operating... Thanks for all you do for us ol farts that come up with suggestions like this Click here to enlarge...
    [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=wheat][SIZE=3][COLOR=yellow]````[FONT=Impact]I[SIZE=3] Wis[SIZE=3]h I Were Riding[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] :ridesafe:````[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorange][URL="http://www.specialtschools.com"][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Bike
    2015 FLHTK & 2006 FXSTSI
    I have kinda gotten used to it. I used a little different color font so I can see it better ....... and "T", it has nothing to do with my age!!!! Well ..... maybe just a little bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12