HarleyTalking
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bike
    2012 Dyna Switchback and 86' FJ1200

Exhaust wrapping

Here is a word of warning - save your money on the exhaust wrap and do not do it, it looks great and is awesome on a full custom but if you intend to use it as i do as daily transportation, it will cause you a lot of issues down the line, with cracked and accelerated wear on the pipe, it plasticizes the metal and rots them from the inside out, how do i know i did this and the pipes did not even last 1 year, i struggled to get Vance and Hines to warranty them as they stated that wrapping them voided the warranty, i asked them to show me were in the warranty/instructions it said do not wrap the exhaust, they replaced them after 3 weeks of arguing, and my wrapping was over the shield on the back side the metal was laminating (peeling apart).

From this....
    Click here to enlarge
    To this in one year...
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    IBA MEMBER 40172
    SYLO SYLBP

I'm walking with Sophie tonight, She lives in the air that I breathe;
    I can't get it out of my mind, How you were left to bleed...
    Was it how you dressed?
    Or how you act?
    I can't believe, How they could act so violently,
    Without regret, , Well, we will not forget...

We are the others, We are the cast outs,
    We're the outsiders, But you can't hide us,
    We are the others, We are the cast outs
    You're no longer on your own, If you feel mistreated, Torn and cheated,
    You're not alone, We are the others

Bike
    09 ultra black
    dang they look old ..Good u stuck to your Guns.
    May I be "the least in the household of God."...

Bike
    2006 Heritage Softail
    I'll stand to be corrected on this, but I do believe that pipe wrapping was intended for use on hot rods and so forth to keep the intense heat from damaging other components or body work. Nothing personal to anyone who does it, but aesthetically I just don't think it looks that good and Rob's experience just reinforces the fact that it's not a very wise thing to do. Good job making V&H stand by their products, Rob!

Asteroids Champion!
    Bike
    2010 Ultra
    Wow, and at only 1 year that is bad. I actually never had the urge to use the wrap because I don't like the way it looks, but have heard of a lot of people that have because it's cheaper than changing pipes and mixtures to get rid of heat. Glad I didn't give it a try at any point.... Guess I just can't bring myself to cover up anything chrome Click here to enlarge
    ~RumRunner

2010 Ultra - Vivid Black; Stage III 103"; SE259e Cams; SERT; Dresser Duals; 4" Rineharts Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2010 Ultra Limited
    Thanks Rob. I never cared much for the look. I see a lot of bikes with it done and wonder how many will have regrets later.
    2010 Ultra Limited Merlot/Cherry Red

Well, thats makes "one thing", so far that I didn't do, that turned out to be right.Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2005 Dyna FXD/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse Stage 1
    Will just speak bluntly .. While I know some that love the look I think it looks like hell .. After seeing the pics though, just in case ever had the urge to try it .. No Worries of that now ..
    2005 Dyna FXD Stage 2/ 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse

Breakout Champion! Snake Champion!
    Bike
    2008 Sportster 1200 R, Stage 1 mods, 1999 Buell S3T Thunderbolt
    I like the look on specific bikes and I guess if you have the money, to replace them afterwards, then go for it. I think a lot of those custom choppers don't get much road time so, they'll still look good going to the bar or show.

I prefer to stick with mods that look good AND last. Wrap doesn't stand up to that standard for regular use.
    Click here to enlarge

Bike
    2008 Heritage Softail
    I guess it is safe to say that the pipes need to breathe, the heat is trapped under the wrap and over time the metal fatigued.
    I think on the right bike they do look cool but not all. Good on You getting them to take care of it! They should use you as a test subject on any new product! You will run it through rinnger!
    Click here to enlargeThe beatings will continue.......until morale improves! Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast