HarleyTalking
+ Reply to Thread

Cool Front end wobble

Today I noticed a wobble in my front end. As I went thru the gears...say to 45mph then removed my right hand from the throttle and handle bars altogether...the bike slowed down to say 38mph then started wobbling until she got to 30mph then stopped wobbling.

I duplicated the same situation except when I throttlen down I kept my right hand on the handle bars right grip and let go with my clutch or left hand. Nothing. She just bogged down unti I hit 30mph then quit the test.

So I speeded up again to 45mph again and let go of the right grip and sure enough she starts wobbling untis she got to 30mph.

I also noticed my ABS light comming on but going off a few time while riding. I had put an FBI 3" drop seat kit on her and had to put in a new ABS module because the new frame under the seat call for moving around a few things. But I can't see any relation here. Or can I be wrong? A front end wobble should be caused by something in the front end. I rim out of balance or the forks. But what is really strange is that it only happens when I release my right hand and not my left.

I'd appreaciate any and all thoughts on why this is happening?

Moon Lander Champion!
    Bike
    07 FLHTCI, 06 VRSCD, 06 Dyna WG
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hubie Click here to enlarge
    Today I noticed a wobble in my front end. As I went thru the gears...say to 45mph then removed my right hand from the throttle and handle bars altogether...the bike slowed down to say 38mph then started wobbling until she got to 30mph then stopped wobbling.

I duplicated the same situation except when I throttlen down I kept my right hand on the handle bars right grip and let go with my clutch or left hand. Nothing. She just bogged down unti I hit 30mph then quit the test.

So I speeded up again to 45mph again and let go of the right grip and sure enough she starts wobbling untis she got to 30mph.

I also noticed my ABS light comming on but going off a few time while riding. I had put an FBI 3" drop seat kit on her and had to put in a new ABS module because the new frame under the seat call for moving around a few things. But I can't see any relation here. Or can I be wrong? A front end wobble should be caused by something in the front end. I rim out of balance or the forks. But what is really strange is that it only happens when I release my right hand and not my left.

I'd appreaciate any and all thoughts on why this is happening?
    Already gave you my guesses on the other thread that you asked this question... Good luck, keep us posted on what the dealer finds out...
    ````I Wish I Were Riding Click here to enlarge````

+ Reply to Thread